Contact Me

If you would like more information on the Thai clinic that we have used or you would like to consult privately with us (we can help coordinate your cycle with the Thai clinic), please contact us at:

donoreggsjourney@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A trip to the hospital..

We are definitely mired in that first 6 weeks of feeding, sleeping, waking, changing nappies and repeat and repeat again.  The days have run into each other and whilst I have a million posts running around in my mind, I haven't really had much chance to get on the computer and report what is going on in our lives but mostly it has been dealing in the business of a newborn.  I definitely have found myself enjoying it a lot more this time, I know that it is the last time and it is worth taking the time to pay attention and soak in the experience while it lasts.  Sometimes this can be challenging because there is the serious sleep deprivation but that is normal and at least this time I know that it will end at some point.

Our darling Boo2 caught a virus from JBB and had laboured breathing the other night so we rang the nurses on call and they advised us to go to the hospital.  We took him to to the royal children's and as usual, they were wonderful.  We had to stay the night so that they could observe his breathing and what was happening.  As it turns out, he had bronchiolitis and that was why he was unsettled and his breathing was laboured.

We were able to check out by late morning as they found that he was getting better as time went on, he does make a strange sound when he is breathing so he has been referred to an ear nose and throat consultant - we are waiting to see when our appointment will be.  We also had a follow up appointment with our GP today and thankfully, she gave our little darling the all clear.

It has been an emotionally, physically and mentally draining week.  There was a lot of dejavu in going to the children's because it was where we had to take JBB when he had the Kawasaki disease.  The fear was palpable and I felt sick that my boy was in trouble.

So much of parenting for me is worry and fear and it is something that I am going to have to learn how to control.  My family is absolutely everything to me and the thought of anything happening to it, scares the hell out of me.  With great joy and love also comes great risk to your heart.  It is absolutely worth the risk, but scary none the less.

Thankfully, both of my boys are great - I love them dearly, they saturate me in happiness.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that Boo2 is okay. I know that feeling all too well. I also understand the worry. It's hard for me not too. But you're right. It's so very worth it. Enjoy those boys of yours :)

    ReplyDelete