Contact Me

If you would like more information on the Thai clinic that we have used or you would like to consult privately with us (we can help coordinate your cycle with the Thai clinic), please contact us at:

donoreggsjourney@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

We're on our way!

Okay gang, we are at the airport standing in the queue to be checked in, whoo hoo, we are finally on our way!

It has been an absolutely full on day and now I am so tired, I can't wait to get on the plane to get me some ZZZZ's! The day started off at 5am when I got up and put the finishing touches on the packing and cleaning before heading off to work.


Work was a complete disaster today. I had worked on getting this particular task done for the past 2 weeks and thought that when I presented it to the relevant team that they would be completely joyful at what I was able to do for them - unfortunately, they changed their minds AGAIN and I had to do a review of some data before I finished today. It was very disappointing, though I am very happy now to be having almost a month off before I go back. I have finally started to relax after a pretty stressful day and I am really looking forward to a nap on the plane!

We have now completed check in, have gone through customs and security and are waiting at the gate. The lesson of the airport, I believe is patience! There is a lot of standing around, then sitting around and then waiting around. My mum cooked us dinner tonight (a roast - yum!!) and then dropped us off at the airport.

It is kind of a surreal moment but even as I sit an type, I am relaxing more and more and imagining myself being pregnant very soon - I am SO excited!!

5 comments:

  1. I am at a loss for words because I am so very excited for you right now! I can't believe the journey has FINALLY come. Best wishes to both you and JM. I PRAY that this is is for you guys. You are and will be very much in my thoughts this whole next month. I am seriously giddy for you.

    Good luck!

    *big hugs!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear all about your adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote you a comment this morning but it mistappeared ( a made up word we use in our fambly! )
    I don't know how far Thailand is from you but maybe you are there or nearly there by now - I should probably check
    your itinerary! You have so many new experiences to look forward to. I hope that you are both able to relax and enjoy it. We took pictures at the clinic, in the procedure room, you name it! We look so excited in the pics! A nice memory and hopefully a good sign. Can't wait to read your dispatches from Operation Egg donor: Thailand! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD LUCK! I'm so excited for you both!!

    ReplyDelete