Contact Me

If you would like more information on the Thai clinic that we have used or you would like to consult privately with us (we can help coordinate your cycle with the Thai clinic), please contact us at:

donoreggsjourney@gmail.com

Friday, January 21, 2011

Decision made!!

Well, after much thinking and debate, we have decided to go to Thailand again for baby number 2 in September - yay, I am very, very excited!! We though that it was just too good an opportunity to miss to be able to give JBB a full blood sibling - hopefully it will all work out fabulously!!

So, we are all systems go on 'operation healthy'!! Both JourneyMan and I have been very strong this week, totally focussed on our goals and all about the action to get ourselves in shape.

I have to admit, there is a big part of me that is quite nervous about delving into another cycle - can I really handle the heartbreak if it is negative? For JBB's sake, I want to try. I want him to have someone to grow up with, play with, fight with, confide in, tease mercilessly and support to the ends of the earth.

So, my strategy for the moment is:

  • Enjoy every moment of little JBB
  • Get back to work to save money
  • Focus on getting healthy
  • Keep up the weekly counselling to ensure that I am mentally healthy
In JBB news, he had his first solid food this week - rice cereal and I tell you, he took to it like a duck to water. He has his mouth open like a little sparrow - I can't keep up with how much he is wanting to eat!! Tomorrow, he is having a go at some mashed banana - hope he will like that!!

We also went to the maternal health nurse today and he has grown gangbusters - he has gone from the 45th percentile for height to the 90th - what the!?!? He is very long - everyone comments on it.

I am so happy that we have made the decision - once again, we are on a countdown to Thailand!

9 comments:

  1. Great news, you must be so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck, sounds like if you feel happy about it, then it must be the right decision for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I'm excited for you all! I'll be cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear JBB is thriving. And, congrats on making the decision to go back to Thailand for round 2.

    ICLW #59

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here from ICLW. Congrats on making your big decision...wishing you the best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sure that was the decision you were going to make. I know that if I were in your shoes, I would have made that one as well. I am so happy for you guys. I pray that it results in a successful pregnancy. Hopefully the fact that you got pregnant last time is a good indication for the next one.

    Isn't solid foods fun? I LOVE the faces they make when they try new things. It always used to make me laugh. I have pictures of Baby Bean with carrots all down her face and bib while she makes a funny face. Its the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by for ICLW week! First time to your Blog, so I'm caught up for the most part on your journey.
    I'm so happy for you, Congrats on your Baby Boy. And thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'm preparing for possible D/E IVF and you have opened up some things that I really never thought about so, thank you.
    I look forward to following your next journey!
    The C's
    #161

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo! Thailand in September!! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!

    You are never one for letting the grass grow under your feet while you make a decision! This is great news as now you can get on with the planning, which I suspect is your favorite part...decision made and it is on with the plan. I know that you are always quite happy with a decision once it has been made, so from here things might get a bit easier with this lovely goal in sight. It is going to be a busy time, but I am more than confident that you are up to the happy challenges ahead!

    Woot woot....we are closer to JBBS!

    LS x

    ReplyDelete