* My bestie and I went to an information night on trekking to Mt Everest base camp in Nepal - they played the song Passenger to a slideshow of pics of Everest:
If you want to be a passenger
Climb aboard with me, we're leaving now
Step outside and see, another world
Only if you want to be a passenger
* When we were in Nepal, we had a very tough hiking day out of a little place called Namche Bazaar - my bestie and I realised on this day just how tough our little 'holiday' was going to be. I was listening to my portable cd player at the time - MP3's not being invented yet!! This song (Already Gone) always reminds me of that momumental day:
You've been working all your life
All weekends and overtime
All these things just pass you by
You can relate, to the leisured life
* I was single for a long time and at times despaired of meeting a man to love and who would love me - the song 'These Days' always went through my head over and over at these times.
This life well it's slipping right through my hands
These days turned out nothing like I had planned
* I trained walking for hours and hours for the 100km in 48 hour charity walk and the song Thrillology always reminds me of this time (especially of getting up at 4am and walking 25km to work - the thought of it now, my goodness!!) - Completing that walk is still one of my proudest achievements.
I'm feeling richer, I'm feeling taller
I feel like every time I try to fit the picture
I've got to keep up, with all the others
Looking for whatever we were never to discover
* When I met JourneyMan and we started dating, Bless my Soul was the song that kept on running through my head
Colour me with red and gold
Your sweet love has blessed my soul
* When JourneyMan and I got married, our first dance was to the Bernard Fanning (lead singer of Powderfinger) song Watch Over Me
When trouble fills my world, you bring me peace
You calm me down, your my release
When walls come crashing down around my feet
You light my way, your my release
* When amidst the trauma of IF - the song 'Nobody Sees' was the soundtrack in my head
Nobody knows just how it feels today
Nobody sees how our hearts break
Saturday night was absolutely wonderful but my favourite concert of all time was one that my bestie and I went to years ago - she surprised me with tickets for my birthday and honestly, one of the best presents of all time (my best present is JBB who I consider as my birthday present this year!!).
Thanks for the memories, Powderfinger!!